Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Tamarindo and Wal-Mart

¡Hola! I went to Tamarindo last weekend which is on the Pacific ocean. It was so beautiful! And really nice; kind of expensive because it was a bit of a tourist town. But the night life was alive and thriving! I met a lot of really cool people from all over the world. I learned how to surf so I can officially cross that off of my bucket list. "Check, check!" I'm not going to go into details on this for the entire world to see, because the circumstances of the situation were honestly pretty dumb, but I did witness and somewhat participate in saving someone's life in the Pacific ocean which was crazy. Below are some silly pictures of me and my new buddies Jen and Alex having a gay 'ol time surfing all on one board at the same time! :P
The ride back to San Jose was hilarious: We left Tamarindo in a completely different bus with a completely different driver because our usual bus broke down. An hour deep, the driver decided to randomly pull over and pick up some strange woman who accompanied us for the rest of the trip and no one knows why? We were stopped because of a road being fix for 30 minutes in the middle of nowhere and we were able to get dinner 4 hours into the drive. About 45 minutes after dinner, Gustavo, who is our tour guide, Luis' friend (whom wasn't even there), decided to get off the bus in the middle of nowhere without saying anything but waving goodbye to the bus. THEN, a semi trailer rolled over, so we were stuck in traffic for an hour, literally not moving at all. We were pulled over for so long that all of the people in their cars started getting out and going to a random bar on the side of the freeway until traffic was allowed to go through? Just a weird experience. Our trip back to San Jose ended up lasting about 10 hours. So I went to Wal-Mart today. I would just like to note a few weird things that I noticed: 1) instead of a parking lot, Wal-Mart was located above a parking garage...different 2) there were sales associates everywhere! Colegate and shampoo vendors everywhere telling you which products to buy as if they were kiosk workers at the mall heckling you...sweird. 3) there was a McDonalds in the Wal-Mart but it only served ice-cream? 4) every cashier aisle had a tv on it so while you were waiting in line you could watch cops: awesome! That's all I got for now. Ciao for now