Monday, January 20, 2014

Paradise

I have officially found paradise. It's called Puerto Viejo. The absolute best town I have ever visited! It is a small town on the caribbean side of Costa Rica. I loved that basically everything except for the bank was locally owned and it was a total hippy town! Dreads and reggae everywhere and everyone was very chill and relaxed, just living la pura vida. Just my kind of environment and what I believe in for a beautiful and simple life! It was an oasis. I felt like I belonged there and I was sad to have to leave for San Jose to go back to school. We went to Cahuita National Park and enjoyed a day at the beach and checking out some cool animals in their natural habitat. I saw a sloth, a snake, a pelican, and some monkeys but we had to watch out for their "chocolate" droppings on the path! Hahaha! We sadly couldn't go snorkeling because the waves were too crazy but I was okay with that anyway, I loved relaxing on the beach or finding a comfy hammock for awhile and just admiring the vibes and presences of the place. The beach was beautiful no matter which part of it you were at. I could have stayed there forever. I plan to keep this little piece of paradise in my mind for the future. I met a lot of people who had visited there before, fell in love with the town and people and later decided to move their lives there. If I could, I would move there too! But seriously, it's in my mind. And for some of those reading this and looking for the same thing (you know who you are fellow flower children), seriously, let's return. I have already started cooking a minor plan to keep in mind throughout my adventures. A wise girl once told me that dreams never expire. And ever since I have always taken that to heart. I think that I may belong in Puerto Viejo, and I could list about fifteen of my favorite people that would love the life there too. It is just the place for a tribe like ours. Very different from the city. I felt safe and as if I totally "fit in". There is no other life like the beach life in absolute paradise. P.S. to everyone in Michigan: I have a sunburn! In January!!!! :P